Immigrant visas are intended for those who wish to make the United States their permanent home. This is what people normally associate when they think of immigrating to this country. This is in contrast to the non-immigrant visas, such as those coming here on holiday or a short business trip.

Immigrant visas are divided in two main categories:

Please click on the category you wish to know more about, or use the menu option at the top. Please do not hesitate to use the contact-us form if you need to speak to an attorney.

Both Employment immigration and Family immigration both work along the same concept of requiring a sponsor or petitioner.

For Family immigration you will typically need a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to sponsor you to come live in the US. However, you should be prepared that this can be a long wait in certain circumstances.

For Employment immigration you will have a company as your sponsor. Typically, the company will need to demonstrate the need to bring in a foreign worker over a US worker.